Sunday, August 24, 2008


Ahhh Classical animation. This is culmination of Sat, I did this on my animation disc without back lighting, and only shot it once in the wee hours of the morning. I get so lost in the details and structure I miss out on the big picture sometimes, the over all action of things and of course the timing. I was going to do this on my computer roughing it out in flash, which of course is much easier seeing as hour you get to scrub through your work as soon as your draw it. However, the 200 dollars I spent on a "Tooya pro" brand tablet has been ill spent. The pen has a insane amount of lag when I am using it, so much so it makes drawing a decent line near impossible. I have tried all diffirent types of solutions from changing the bettery in the pen, to deleting and reinstalling drivers and programs I even hooke up my friends Wacom tablet, and that works like a dream. So I think i'm going to send the tablet back saying its defective and if I get another one that is the same way then I will have wasted 200 bucks on nothing. But untill then I reserve my judgments for the products of Tooya. But so far not so good. This all brings me back to the reason why I ended up animating a run cycle classically today. I think Tomorrow I may attempt a Take or something with the same character. The run needs timing changes all over the palce im not so sure I want to make all those changes. Anyway my rant is over All in all I am happy with the way it turned out considering the circumstances.

-DAN-

4 comments:

Ken said...

Cool animation man. Why dont you just buy a wacom? They rock dude!

Ryan Cole said...

Ee-hee hee hee, Lookit'im GO!

Unknown said...

DUDE! That is some sweet animation. Great to see you got your head screwed back on the right way and are rocking on a new project. I really can't wait to see more updates from you as I really enjoy your style.

Unknown said...

Oh ya....and buy a Wacom. They're the only way to go...even it's a tiny little 4x5.